Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. My promotion of any product reflects my honest opinion.
First of all I’d like to thank Tiia (Tiia’s Life) for nominating me for this award! I didn’t know anything about it but am absolutely ecstatic to be recognized in any way in my very FIRST month of blogging! It’s incredible to think that there are already 20 of you who have decided that you like my writing enough to follow me and I wanted to give you all a quick thank you as well.
So let’s get down to business: What is the Liebster Award? Simply put, it’s a recognition of your hard work and dedication as a blogger and the rich content of your blog. Its by bloggers, for bloggers; because we need to support each other! This is just one of the many little ways we can show our encouragement to each-other in this “every man for himself” world.
Rules for nominees:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you for the award.
- Answer the 11 questions for nominees (at the end of this post) in a post of your own.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself in your post.
- Nominate 11 other blogs (and notify them of their nomination).
- Include 11 new questions in your post for your 11 nominees.
My answers to the 11 questions for my nomination:
- Why did you start blogging? Originally, because I wanted an outlet to share my thoughts and experiences and develop my writing. After thinking about it some more I also hope to turn it into a side income for my growing family!
- What is your favorite season of the year? Summer, by far. I am not built for the cold weather!
- Do you like cats or dogs more? This is such a hard one because I love both. Since I only have cats at the moment, however, I will say cats. I love both my kitties!
- What is the best thing you have learned recently? Honestly, probably contentment. This is something I have struggled with my entire life, but I have truly been learning to just be content with what I have and with my current situation. It’s amazing the difference it makes in how I look at each day.
- What do you like to do in the evenings? Usually when I’m done with dinner and the dishes, I like to read or watch a movie with my husband. Often we will go to bed early and just take some time to talk together. My favorite part of the evening is praying together before we go to sleep.
- Are you a morning or an evening person? Definitely evening. I have never liked getting up early (even though I generally feel better and get more done if I do).
- What is your favorite hobby? I have always enjoyed going to the gym, although I also love horseback riding, photography, and hiking.
- What is your favorite color? Light blue. The same color as my new car! (Pre-owned 2014 Chevy Equinox).
- Where would you like to travel next? Somewhere tropical! I have traveled a lot in my (relatively short) life, but I have not been to many tropical locations. I would love to have a week in the Bahamas or Bali!
- What do you like to blog about the most? My life and experiences. Everyone has different lives, different experiences, and different outlooks. I enjoy sharing mine and seeing the feedback and different opinions I get back! It’s interesting.
- What do you want to achieve this year? For my blog, I would love to achieve 1,000 followers. In general, I would like to really thrive as a first time mom! I look forward to the many challenges and joys that will come in 3 short months.
11 random facts about me:
- I’m a triplet (one brother, one sister)
- I’ve been to China
- I’m 21 years old
- I’m a mom-to-be!
- I’m a Psychology major, currently working on my last year of undergrad.
- I have two cats
- I come from a military family (Go Navy!)
- I have had shoulder surgery
- I lived in Iceland for 3 years when I was very young
- I owned a horse for several years before I went to college
- My dad is a pilot for Southwest Airlines!
My 11 Nominees!
Christy – When Women Inspire
James – The Bipolar Writer
Lauren – The Mind Makeup
Georgia – It’s Georgia Xoxo
Marzia – Marzia’s Life
Paul – Learning From Dogs
Jess – Wonder Oak
Signe – Wiishu
DG – DGGYST
A Writer’s Soul – A Writer’s Soul Blog
Ariel – The Unspoken Testimony
My 11 questions for nominees:
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
- Do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
- Do you have any siblings? Tell us about them.
- Have you ever left the country that you live in?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- Where do you work and do you enjoy it?
- What’s your biggest motivator?
- What would you consider your greatest character trait?
- What are you proud of?
- What’s your favorite kind of music?
- What kind of car do you drive?
Thank you all for reading and congratulations to everyone nominated for this award! Let’s continue to support each other and help acknowledge the hard work we all put into our passions.